Shio kombu or seasoned kelp strips is a popular Japanese seasoning rich in umami flavor with hints of sweetness and saltiness. It is made of edible kelp (kombu) that has been boiled in soy sauce and other ingredients, dried, and shredded into thin strips. Kombu is a nutritious seaweed packed with dietary fibers and minerals. This shio kombu has lower salt content than the regular variant. It can be used to garnish rice, salads, pasta and can be added to toasts, fried eggs, and soups!
*Store at room temperature and keep away from direct sunlight.
- Dimensions: 1.77 x 6.10 x 7.09 inches (130 g)
- Ingredients: Kelp, protein hydrolyzate, reduced starch syrup, soy sauce, sugar, kelp extract, salt/seasoning (amino acids, etc.)
- Contains 25% less salt than regular variant
- May contain traces of wheat and soybeans
- A good source of dietary fiber and minerals and helps maintain good health
- Made in Japan
Product available in the U.S. only
Comments & Questions: